What is Jasper?
With Jasper, you can input a prompt for what you want to be written and it will write it for you, just like ChatGPT would. The major difference with Jasper is that it has an extensive amount of tools to produce better copy. Jasper can check for grammar and plagiarism and write in over 50 different templates including, blog posts, Twitter threads, video scripts, and more.
Is Jasper free to use?
No it is not free. There is a 7 day free trial after which you will be billed.
The Creator annual plan price is $39/mo billed yearly. The Teams annual plan price is $99/mo billed yearly. Business Plans have custom pricing.
While ChatGPT is a powerful generative AI, it’s more geared toward research and experimentation. On the other hand, Jasper Chat is specifically designed for business use cases, like marketing and sales, and social media posts.
Jasper is built to be practical and usable for everyday businesses, and it leverages a combination of models (including OpenAI, Neo X, T5, and Bloom) to generate content that is most effective for a specific industry or use case. So it will write website content that better suits business plans.
It really depends on your goals and needs, and why you want to create content with artificial intelligence.
But if you’re a content creator or b2b marketer looking for a tool that can help you create more effective and targeted writing, Jasper Chat might be the right choice for you. And the best part is, Jasper offers a completely free trial with 5 days and 10,000 bonus words, so you can use Jasper yourself how it can benefit your business.
- Generates in seconds – Seeing content appear out of thin air truly never gets old with generative AI. After a few simple inputs, you can have a full page of content to work with.
- Sounds natural, well-written, and accurate– What good is gen AI if the output isn’t good, right? Jasper.ai does a fantastic job of sounding natural and matching the tone you’ve requested while keeping it error-free.
- Fleshes out ideas – If you’re struggling to put pen to paper, Jasper.ai can help spark new ideas, new angles for your content.
- Affordable – Jasper.ai is a great option for a small business looking to scale up its content production with a limited budget. The first tier starts at $24/month for 20,000 words – enough to get most marketers started.
- Lacks personality and voice – AI can’t provide the experience and personalization that a human can add to a piece. While it can mimic tone, the output is often generic.
- Can require heavy editing – This con is only a con depending on what you’re creating and how you want to leverage AI. Some only want to use software like Jasper.ai for a rough first draft, so heavy edits aren’t a bad thing. For others who are looking for a more polished end product, you’ll get this more easily with shorter-form content.
- Struggles with niche topics – Jasper.ai seems to perform best with straightforward content requests. For example, it will likely do better writing a post on deleting your Instagram account than upcoming short-form video trends.
- No fact-checking – Jasper feeds you a compilation of what it finds online. So, if the information’s incorrect, guess what? Your output will be the same.